Error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Description: There can be many reason.
- The request to SQL Server or query is taking a long time to execute.
- The result is returning large amount of records.
- Slow network connection issue.
- SQL Command connection timeout is not configured properly.
- Badly made SQL statements
- Check the network connectivity is up and running.
- Check the SQL Statements, if required tuned and optimize it.
- Check the result size.
- Configure Connection Timeout property, by default it’s 15 seconds.